Caregiver Support Center
Caring for the caregiver is the mission of Senior Concerns’ Caregiver Support Center. Offering a full array of support services to provide relief and assistance to family caregivers, the Caregiver Support Center serves as an essential resource for emotional, social and physical support, information and respite from the stress of caregiving.
Listen to three of Senior Concerns’ family caregivers share their stories:
Who is a Caregiver?
Providing care for a loved one is both challenging and rewarding, however, many caregivers don’t self-identify as such, despite caring for a loved one (and often neglect their own social and emotional needs). Caregivers help others by:
- Preparing Meals
- Paying Bills
- Managing Medications
- Getting to Doctor’s Visits
- Arranging for Services
Many caregivers, be they children, spouses, siblings, friends or relatives of a loved one, become overwhelmed with the responsibilities that come with the often-increasing demands of caring for another. The Senior Concerns Caregiver Support Center is here to help.
Senior Concerns supports and assists family caregivers in several ways:
- Resources & Information – We help connect caregivers and seniors with community resources for all aspects of care, including self-care of the caregiver. We offer an extensive library of educational materials, including fact sheets, articles and checklists for caregivers.
- Support Groups – Caregivers can receive compassionate support and understanding in group settings
- Respite for Caregivers – Everybody needs a break, caregivers especially so, as caring for a loved one for extended periods of time can be stressful. We offer information and options for respite care, including free and low-cost in-home care and Adult Day Care programs.
- Family Consultations – We assist families with immediate and long-term care issues.
- Meals On Wheels – Fresh, nutritional hot lunches and light evening meals are delivered to home-bound seniors, 365 days a year.
- Advocacy and Financial and Legal Aid – Senior Advocates and community partners provide a variety of services to seniors and caregivers in crisis.
- Community Training & Education – Classes and workshops addressing the challenges of caregiving are offered on site and in the community.
If you are a caregiver in need of support, contact Senior Concerns’ Caregiver Support Center at 855.318.5921 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help you!
Caregiver Support Groups
Those who provide care for loved ones are often in need of support themselves. Senior Concerns’ Caregiver Support Groups provide a safe, caring forum to discuss concerns about caregiving with other caregivers who understand and have experience with what you’re going through.
Caring for a loved one can be emotionally, mentally and physically taxing, and Senior Concerns’ Support Groups address and help to alleviate caregiving stress through discussion, information and referral to community resources for additional assistance.
Designed for caregivers, friends and family of frail, special needs and memory-impaired seniors, Senior Concerns’ Support Groups covers topics such as:
- Age-related mental and physical changes.
- Determining specific needs of caring for frail or impaired seniors.
- Resolving problems and handling challenging behaviors.
- Ensuring good nutrition, exercise and social interaction.
- Maintaining self-care and taking breaks.
Come, take a breather and get the support you need and deserve!
Click here for more information on Support Groups for Caregivers