Are you caring for parents’ long distance and want to have a qualified social worker visit them and assess their needs?
Are you caring for a spouse at home and need a professional to evaluate your situation and give recommendations for safety and care needs?
Do you live alone and want to know your options for care and assistance as you age in place?
These are just some of the reasons you may benefit from a comprehensive in-home geriatric assessment.
This comprehensive assessment includes the following:
- Assessment of care needs and options (including ADL and IADL supports)
- Evidenced-based assessments (Depression, Cognition and Quality of Life)
- Home safety assessment
- Nutritional assessment
- Social support system assessment
- Discussion of legal protections (Advance Directives, Powers of Attorney, and POLST
- Discussion of healthcare and long-term care planning
Following the assessment your social worker will create a comprehensive care plan including recommendations in all areas of functioning. The social worker will have an appointment to review the care plan in person and present you with a personalized binder of recommendations and resources.
Each comprehensive in-home geriatric assessment has a fee of $300. This includes:
- Pre-phone consultation to understand your goals for the program
- In-person comprehensive assessment including a home safety walk through (note all COVID-19 safety precautions will be in place and reviewed with you ahead of time)
- Post assessment in person meeting to review care plan and recommendations
- Binder provided with written recommendations and resources specific to your needs and goals
- Follow-up phone call to review your progress on your care plan
Call 805-497-0189 or email email@example.com for more information
Download a program flyer HERE