Wraparound Services for Homebound Seniors
The seniors in our community need you! Thank you for your interest in volunteering to help meet the needs of seniors in our community!
Senior Concerns has several new programs to support seniors in our community and their family caregivers. Our goal is to ensure that our community’s most vulnerable population and their caregivers have everything they need to remain supported.
Volunteers are needed to fill several roles at Senior Concerns to make our programs possible. We are looking for help in the following areas:
- Bargain Boutique & Thrift Store
- Meals On Wheels Delivery Drivers
- Restaurant Home Delivery Program
- Adult Day Program
If you want to help support our mission, but are unable to volunteer at this time, please consider a DONATION.
ONGOING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Bargain Boutique and Thrift Store
Location 80 E. Hillcrest, Thousand Oaks
Unique treasures, gently-used clothing and vintage trinkets grace the shelves of Senior Concerns’ Bargain Boutique and Thrift Store. Jewelry, small furniture, crystal, china, clothing, antiques and one-of-a-kind finds make the Bargain Boutique a favorite, feel-good place to shop. Open from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM Tuesday-Saturday. The Bargain Boutique accepts donations from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Tuesday-Friday.
- Volunteer morning shift is from 10 AM to 1 PM
- Volunteer afternoon shift is from 1 PM to 3 PM
- Regular volunteers would work the same shift each week.
- Volunteer duties:
- Sorting through donations and pricing them
- Research on specialty items
Contact Irene Tardif Tuesday – Saturday from 10 AM – 3 PM at 805-373-0504 or email@example.com
Meals on Wheels
Location 150 Via Merida, Westlake Village, CA
The Senior Concerns’ Meals On Wheels program ensures homebound seniors get to eat nutritious, freshly prepared meals by delivering meals to their doorstep. More than 85 community volunteers bring close to 37,000 nutritionally balanced hot lunches and light meals to seniors in Thousand Oaks and Newbury Park 365 days a year. In addition to the delicious food, prepared in the kitchens of Los Robles Rehabilitation Hospital in accordance with nutritional dietary guidelines, Meals On Wheels’ volunteers deliver holiday gifts and surprises, as well as daily smiles and friendly conversation to seniors.
- Pick up meals for your route at East Los Robles Rehabilitation Hospital between 10:45 AM and 11:00 AM
- Plan on two hours to deliver meals (this varies according to the route.)
- Regular drivers drive the same route on the same day each week.
- Substitute drivers are asked to drive any of the seven routes which need a substitute driver. They can choose from the request emails which go out to them.
- We ask that substitute drivers try to drive two to three times per month.
- Duties include sharing smiles with seniors and careful delivery of the food prepared especially for them.
Contact Charla Bates Monday – Friday from 9 AM – 4 PM at 805-497-0189 or firstname.lastname@example.org