Tuesday, June 15, 2021 from 1:00 – 2:30 pm via Zoom
*Drive up goody bag pickup will be Sunday, June 6, 2021 from 10-1 at Neftin Westlake Mazda, 3550 Auto Mall Dr, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
Recognizing the need to honor and celebrate family caregivers, Senior Concerns presents Caregiver Recognition Day, an annual event designed to give family caregivers the chance to renew their spirit, reduce their stress, embrace their fears, and enjoy an uplifting and empowering program.
Caregiver Recognition Day is a day to honor YOU, caring for an aging loved one. This year, we’re going virtual!
Our past events have featured amazing speakers, storytellers, physicians, comedians and a goody bag to end all good bags. This year we promise you all that and more – you get to enjoy this special event that is just for you, from the comfort of your own home via Zoom.
This year’s event will be focused on Self-Care.
- INCREASING HAPPINESS BY LIVING OUR VALUES – Andrea Gallagher, CSA, President, Senior Concerns, o-Author of Live Smart After 50: The Experts’ Guide to Life Planning for Uncertain Times
- LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE – Frances Dilorinzo – Comedian
- PASCALE’S KITCHEN CREATIONS – Pascale Beale, Chef, Columnist, Cookbook Author
- THE BASICS OF MINDFULNESS FOR SELF-CARE – Marvin G. Belzer, PhD, Associate Director of the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center and has taught mindfulness meditation for twenty years.
- CREATING HEALTHY BOUNDRIES FOR YOURSELF – Jenica Polakow, LCSW
- And much more!
The event is FREE, but registration is required.