Seniors are an especially vulnerable population and many require assistance in navigating and understanding important issues, such as Social Security, housing, health care, senior benefits, emergency assistance, pre-retirement counseling and elder abuse.
Senior Concerns’ Advocates assist thousands of seniors living on their own or with family members with such issues through one-on-one counseling programs and educational speakers.
Speak with an advocate by phone or in person for information and assistance regarding:
- Legal issues
- Health-related issues
- In-home care or facility placement
- Government benefits
- Senior programs
- Health and long-term care insurance and assistance programs
- Completion of forms and applications for programs and services.
The Advocates’ office provides speakers for group presentations on a wide range of educational topics, including:
- Identity theft, fraud and scams
- Reverse mortgages
- Long-term care and end-of-life issues
- Senior safety and home modifications
- Benefits and Social Security
- Elder abuse
Senior Advocate Column
Look for the Advocates’ office informative column on senior issues and events, published Mondays in the Ventura County Star